Upon the Ancient Shores of Albion an Evil Makes Its Way
What is A Most Pernicious Pamphlet?
It is an A5, 17 page staple-bound booklet on my old school rpg campaign setting, Pernicious Albion. It’s all insane angel conspiracies, occult aristocracy, revenant Romans, tennis with vampires, evil couture, Ars Goetia, royal spawning pits, realpolitik, light homoeroticism, and lakes of human teeth, but for now, you get the pamphlet, which contains
- two ruleset-agnostic classes: the vampire and the warlock
- modifications to the cleric and the magic-user
- three supernatual patrons with tables for motivations, goals, and methods
- equipment, services, weapons, and armor tables designed for new characters in eerie fairy tale settings
- Esoteric languages
I'd like to think it is filled with good ideas you can include in your game, but also
- You like what you've read on my blog.
- I tried hard to make it an entertaining read.
- It features monstrously beautiful art by the likes of Logan Knight, Matthew Adams, Alex Chalk, and the Anxious Princess.
- I wrote this with an aim to compress setting description and character creation into a single process: the classes, starting equipment, and languages all convey Albion to players without the need for a lot of exposition. This might be a good template for you if you want to do the same.