|by asher levine|
The ruler of the dark elves is Lord Fathom, who dwells at the bottom of the earth. He knows what the dead know--every soul passing on to the Hereafters must give him a single secret. His honor guard is Lord Fathom's Forty, the evilest, strangest, and most powerful of the dark elves. They are renowned and hated on the surface, famous for stealing the Little Moon and killing the Red Dragon and the White Worm.
- Ability Score Increase: Your Dexterity score increases by 2 and your Charisma score increases by 1
- Age: Around 700.
- Alignment: Whatever you please
- Size: Your size is Medium. Because your skeleton is cartilaginous, you can squeeze through spaces as a Small creature.
- Speed: Your move speed is 30 ft.
- Weird Knowledge: You cannot see, but you have blindsight out to 30 feet.
- Keen Senses: You have proficiency in the Perception skill. When you make a Wisdom (Perception) check to smell something, add double your proficiency bonus.
- Fey Ancestry: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.
- Sleep: You can't sleep, no matter how much you want to. You instead slip into a semiconscious fever dream; 4 hours counts as 8 hours of sleep, and you remain aware of your surroundings during this time.
- Languages: You speak English/Common and Ara Gorash/Deep Speech. You can only read textured scripts, because you are blind. This is rare on the surface.
- Sunlight Sensitivity: You have disadvantage on all checks, saving throws, and attack rolls in direct sunlight. Shade and heavy clothing remove this effect.
- Uncanny: You can cast the Thaumaturgy cantrip.