HD 2-10 Speed human
Armor none Attack staff
Morale 10 Alignment Lawful
Magicians who have sworn to aid the Grigori. They are often members of Albion's occult aristocratic class, keeping their allegiances secret as they sabotage their fellows and excavate sleeping angels.
Soteriomancers function as magicians with levels equal to their HD. They know a number of Spiritualism spells equal to half their level and can expend any prepared spell to cast Refine Corpus instead.
The caster transforms a single human within 10 ft into a more virtuous being. The caster can apply half their level to the target's saving throw if they so choose. This miracle has 7 variations. Soteriomancers acquire a new variation every level in ascending orders.
- Subtly alters the brain structure of the target, preventing them from ever sleeping again. The target may make a Save vs Magic; on a success, they no longer need to sleep anyway. On a failure, they will suffer the effects of sleep deprivation until they go mad and die.
- Sublimates the target's digestive organs into nothing. The target may make a Save vs Magic; on a success, they can subsist purely on aether and no longer need to eat or drink. On a failure, they will die or thirst and starvation during the days to come.
- Destroys the ability of the target's body to regulate its temperature--they no longer produce body heat and cannot sweat or shiver. The target may Save vs Magic; on a success, they are completely untroubled by any temperature a natural climate can produce; on a failure, they die of hypothermia over the next few hours as their body becomes room temperature.
- The target's lungs and associated respiratory organs dissolve into intangible golden dust. The target may make a Save vs Magic; on a success; they no longer need to breath. On a failure, they will quickly suffocate.
- The target no longer ages. The target may Save vs Magic; on a success, they may enjoy their new immortality. On a failure, this stasis prevents their body from healing itself--all wounds they suffer become permanent and all damage they take affects their maximum HP
- The target becomes perfectly androgynous and biologically sexless. The target may Save vs Magic; on a success, they become immune to Charm spells. On a failure, they henceforth automatically fail all Saves vs Poison/Death.
- The target must Save vs Magic or be enthralled by the soteriomancer, pledging themselves to the cause of the Grigori with no thought of previous alliance. They also undergo the seven previous versions of Refine Corpus, one per Turn in ascending order, automatically succeeding each saving throw. On the seventh Turn, they transform into an angel with HD equal to their level rounded to the nearest multiple of 3.
HD 1-10 Speed human
Armor none Attack sword
Morale 12 Alignment Lawful
|from Darkest Dungeon|
Lazarene Knights can cast Soul Harvest at will. Captured souls are trapped in the Knight's jar and Charmed/infatuated with the angel that raised the Lazarene Knight from the dead. When encountered, Knights start with d6+1 souls in their jar.
A Knight can expend 1 soul to do any of the following:
- Send the soul to the Hereafter that creates a pillar of golden fire that deals d6×half HD of the soul
- Have the soul animate and control a number of HD of undead equal to its own HD. This purges any disease, decay, and corruption from the bodies.
- Send the soul to possess someone. This functions as the Bewitch/Charm Person spell.
- Allow the soul to possess them. This heals the Knight for d6×half HD of the soul, and causes the Knight to speak in first person plural.