Sunday, August 4, 2013

A PC

For the Akenia game. To make up for trying to drop a perfectly good character (so I can playtest this Witch), I have put some extra effort into this one. This probably means I'll die first session, but as a DM, I find setting buy-in from the players makes things easier and better anyways.

The Magus Mao
Class: Witch
Alignment: Dark
HP: 1
AC: 12
Damage roll: d6
Attack roll: d20
XP: 1,208 
Sessions played: 1

from final fantasy tactics a2

                              

Attribute
Score
Modifier
Strength
10
+0
Constitution
12
+0
Dexterity
9
+0
Intelligence
13
+1
Wisdom
8
-1
Charisma
18
+2



Save
Score
Breath
16
Poison
13
Petrify
13
Wands
13
Spells
14





Spells
Attraction (grappling hook): 3 in 6
Destruction (bow): 3 in 6


Possessions:
Cardinal Mangle, loyal cat-steed (or very feline horse, if giant cats aren't a thing)
Set of Skirmisher Armor (Cat Hood+Padded Pants+Security Mittens)
Crosier (Standard weapon used as Witch wand)

The story so far:
Mao is a magician from the Mana Wastes, nearly graduated from the Witch Academy and trying to collect the research necessary to complete a thesis on Dark magic.

Currently in the Spire of Asmodal, having just helped acquire the Bow of Wilda and liberating a bunch of extra-dimensional interlopers. 

Short term goal: Eat cooked food and sleep inside
Medium term goal: Examine the Chaos Crystal, finish thesis, and get a degree in Witchery
Long term goal: Benevolent world domination


I'm looking forward to finally playtesting this class.

3 comments:

  1. All my players died last session and I'd love to introduce this class in our new game so I thought I'd ask: how'd the play test work out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly never got to play. Let me know how it goes if you decide to include the class, though. I'll post any playtest info if I get one of my players to roll a Witch up.

      Delete
  2. No one wanted to play the Witch, but one of my players chose the Beast Child and is really digging it. I haven't allowed him to take the forms of "intelligent" (possible PC race) creatures, but I did allow him to use a gnoll. I fear this makes me sort of hypocritical, but they hadn't met any real beasts and he at least gets a strength boost from this one.

    ReplyDelete